Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Q4 CLE - Reflections on Big Fish - FISH February 2015 issue

BIG FISH FEBRUARY ISSUE, FISH

1 February 2015: What evidence do you need to believe in Jesus Christ?
Think about it: All the evidence I need to believe in Jesus Christ is in the Bible.
(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
As regards his Father (and my Father, too), Jesus said:
(Luke 10:25-28) 25 Now look! a man versed in the Law stood up to test him and said: “Teacher, what do I need to do to inherit everlasting life?” 26 He said to him: “What is written in the Law? How do you read?” 27 In answer he said: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” 28 He said to him: “You answered correctly; keep doing this and you will get life.”

8 February 2015: What gives you stress at the moment? How do you address the stressors in life?
Think about it: As a student, some of the things that give me stress at the moment include preparing for my final quarter examinations and finishing requirements that I need to submit.
I address my stressors in life by thinking about these:
·         Doing these academic work are what I need to go on and move forward in life.
·         I need to have knowledge and wisdom not only to prove that I can achieve things for, to and by myself but also for and to my family.
This kind of stress that I am feeling is OK because I’m still young. I want to do whatever I want, within the boundaries of Jehovah God’s standards and guidelines.
 I need this stress which helps me do things fast.

15 February 2015: A “leper” leper doesn’t necessarily mean he is infected with the disease. “Leprosy” comes in different forms – hunger for love, desire for acceptance, need for an affirmation, etc. Are you a “leper”? Have you come to the great Healer?
Think about it: Yes, sometimes I feel I am a leper but not the same as the ones stated above. I feel like one because I still can’t do what I would like to do. I need to strive harder to do these. For example, I want to teach things from the Bible the way my mother taught them when she was my age. Teaching the Bible to others is one of my priorities in my life.
I also want to help my family achieve a better life in many aspects.

22 February 2015: How easy it is for a man to blame others. How easy it is for a man to blame the Lord for the strong winds and rain. How easy it is for man to put the blame to the government officials for the floods. How easy it is for man to blame their fate. Man often forgets his share of the responsibility in making things better or worse for this planet. Most of the time, man forgets to blame himself.
Think about it: Yes, this is true. Our world wouldn’t be like this if Adam and Eve didn’t blame one another and ultimately, God for the sin the original couple committed.
(Genesis 3:8-13) 8 Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?” 10 Finally he said: “I heard your voice in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid myself.” 11 At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?” 12 The man said: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate.” 13 Jehovah God then said to the woman: “What is this you have done?” The woman replied: “The serpent deceived me, so I ate.”



No comments:

Post a Comment