Monday, September 15, 2014

Q1 CLE exams Reflection paper on Talk no. 3 (13 August 2014)

Q1 Exams – Reflection paper on CLE Talk No. 3 on 13 August 2014

“Making the right decisions and surrendering to our Creator”

In my youth, I’ve been making decisions affecting various aspects of my life. Most of my decision-making has been done and is being done with the help of my mother. We both consult Jehovah God through His written Word, the Holy Bible. What would He think about our decision? How would He feel about it? These are important questions to consider in my decision-making because I love Jehovah and I care about how He would feel about me and my decisions.

Some people think that God doesn’t hear and answer prayers of humans. But in the Bible, we can read one of His many titles: (Psalm 65:2) 2 O Hearer of prayer, to you people of all sorts will come.

Yes, sometimes Jehovah delays His answers because He knows that your decision-making needs time and patience. 

I know this from experience. One time, I made a decision to serve God more in a certain privilege but I was advised to have a waiting attitude: (Micah 7:7) But as for me, I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah. I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.

So I have to let go of the privilege for the meantime until such time that I would qualify.

The Bible states: (Matthew 22:37) …‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’

This is one of the principles that I keep in mind when making decisions. There are many reasons I love Jehovah:
*      He is our Creator and our Provider (Acts 17:28).
*      He has made possible the removal of sin and death that we inherited from Adam (Romans 5:12).
*      He gives hope that fills us with joy and peace (Romans 15:13), including the heartwarming resurrection hope (Acts 24:15).
*      He really cares for us (Psalms 34:18; 1 Peter 5:6, 7).
*      He has favored us with the priceless privilege of serving as His Witness (Isaiah 43:10-12).

In return I can show my love to Jehovah by:
*      Diligently studying and applying His Word (Psalms 119:105).
*      Praying to Him regularly (Psalms 65:2).
*      Attending Christian meetings, assemblies and conventions (Hebrews 10:24, 25).
*      Zealously sharing the truth of the “good news” with others (Galatians 2:5).

*      Showing appreciation for His arrangement for shepherding His flock (Acts 20:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment